Under the general direction of the Operations Supervisor, the Airport Operations Specialist is a customer service position that is primarily responsible for supporting all ground operations for inbound and outbound aircraft, flight crews, and passenger operations at the FBO and commercial passenger terminal. This position will also provide general support for airport operations and maintenance as requested.
This position's main duties include cleaning an aircraft (s) beginning approximately 10:00 pm-3:00 am. Times and days vary for shifts, other duties may be assigned.
*Flight Benefits available
| Key Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Perform aircraft ground services to commercial and general aviation aircraft with all supplies and materials as may be required.
- Meet and greet customers, assist them with their needs, and strive to provide exceptional customer experience.
- Assist passengers and pilots in boarding and disembarking the aircraft along with any baggage and cargo.
- Tow and marshal aircraft, ensure aircraft are chocked, locked, and secure.
- Operate ground support equipment including fuel trucks, deice trucks, tugs, carts, belt loaders, portable stairs, air starts, GPUs, automobiles, etc. including providing appropriate reports, checklists, and paperwork.
- Maintain, clean, and organize facilities, equipment and grounds, to ensure airport facilities and grounds remain, safe, organized, and ready for operation.
- Provide security in and around airport facilities and grounds for customers and visitors.
- Communicate via two-way radio, direct customers, drivers, and flight crews where needed.
- Provide snow removal support during and outside of normally scheduled hours.
- Support commercial ground, facility, and passenger services, such as commercial terminal aircraft ground support, baggage handling, facility and grounds maintenance, valet services, and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
| Education/Certifications/Experience Requirements:
Graduate from high school or G.E.D. and valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Experience running small equipment and vehicles.
Or, any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
| Required or Preferred Skills:
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Pass FAA Drug and Alcohol testing, TSA background security checks, and other testing as required.
- Ability to obtain NATA Safety First certification and other job-related training certificates.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, direct interface, over telephone and in writing.
- Ability to professionally engage and service passengers, pilots, flight crews and other airport visitors.
- Ability to make decisions with multiple objectives and implement in a safe, efficient manner.
- Follow oral and written directions; plan and complete assigned duties on a regular schedule; and maintain good working relationships with others.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, days, nights, and extended hours as needed.
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks including but not limited to: aircraft fueling, loading baggage and cargo, facility cleaning, valet vehicle relocation, vehicle washing, aircraft cleaning and vacuuming, and snow removal.
- Ability to work without direct management supervision.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors, day, night and in all weather conditions.
- Stepping up/down on ladders, tugs, and fuel trucks
- Lift baggage from ground level to waist and overhead while loading aircraft, up to 75lbs
- Bending and stooping to pick up tow bars and other equipment, up to 75lbs
- Stooping below wings to chock aircraft
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, running when required
- Good hand-eye coordination with good peripheral vision
OUTAGAMIE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE COUNTY WILL PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND ENCOURAGES BOTH PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES AND INCUMBENTS TO DISCUSS POTENTIAL ACCOMMODATIONS WITH THE EMPLOYER.