Refrigeration Sales Engineer
Bassett Mechanical is a 3rd generation family-owned company that provides custom-built industrial refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, metal fabricating and preventative maintenance service solutions to customers throughout the United States and the world. It is not only a great place to grow and thrive in your career. It is a place to truly belong. As a member of the Bassett Mechanical Family, you'll enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package and many professional growth opportunities. From the moment you're hired, to the day you retire, you're a part of our Bassett Mechanical Family.
Bassett Mechanical is looking to add high caliber talent to their professional team! Bassett is the premier Ammonia Refrigeration Service provider in Wisconsin and the Midwest, with a multi-faceted team that provides a variety of services to meet the needs of our expanding and diverse customer base. Bassett Mechanical prides itself on being a champion of both its internal and external customers; cultivating a family atmosphere that provides room for growth and professional enrichment. When you work for Bassett you have the opportunity to elevate your craft and collaborate with leading engineers and technicians in the Ammonia Refrigeration industry, offering exposure to a vital and specialized skillset.
The Refrigeration Sales Engineer is a crucial role in our continued success. The position would be instrumental in cultivating business relationships, providing technical solutions, and be the cornerstone of engineering acumen.
Establish and maintain ongoing design/build refrigeration activity with new and existing customers as assigned. Design and implement the installation of refrigeration systems. Act as an engineering resource for the refrigeration department and assist with energy analysis as required.
- Directly communicate with customers in a variety of ways to better define their needs and effectively serve them. Efficiently respond to customer requests, verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate with drafters in developing construction drawings and system P & ID’s.
- Assist estimators in developing cost estimates for engineering, fabrication and construction of projects.
- Coordinate with staff to provide cost estimates, drawings, energy projections, construction schedules, etc. Facilitate letters of quotation and/or formal proposals for presentation to the customer.
- Provide technical/engineering support for customer implementation of new or existing PSM (Process Safety Management) programs as they relate to ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Ongoing development of engineering skill sets required for the application of refrigeration system designs, including: heat gain and loss calculations; application of appropriate systems (recirculation, flooded, DX, etc.); pipe sizing; control valve sizing; equipment selection; insulation systems; ASME code requirements; vessel sizing and applications; product loads and calculations.
- Act as a technical expert for the company as well as internal and external customers with regard to refrigeration and related systems.
- Provide all documentation of engineering and cost estimates for turnover to project management staff for implementation of all projects sold. Documentation to include drawings, P & ID’s, engineering calculations, equipment selections, installation piping details, bid summary and contract documents.
- Assume the role of Project Manager of projects which cannot be effectively turned over to PM staff.
- Support and maintain a Lean work environment.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent
- Professional Engineer certification (or progress towards PE or EIT)
- Working knowledge of fluid flow, heat transfer, dynamics of large multi-stage systems, etc.
- Ability to understand, analyze and troubleshoot mechanical and refrigeration systems
- Knowledge of both Freon and ammonia systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Physical ability to access job sites, including some climbing