Senior Process Engineer
Appvion is one of the earliest pioneers in coating papers for enhanced performance, Appvion remains a leading developer and manufacturer of specialty-coated products. Did you know that Appvion is the world’s largest supplier of package delivery label stock? By that alone you might guess that we are very busy and growing fast! We are also a global leader in lottery tickets, deli and prescription labels and many other products that are digitally-imaged with heat instead of ink. To be a leader in these markets and others, we need to continually build and develop strong teams. We rely heavily on technical experts that can learn our proprietary technologies and apply their knowledge/experience to achieve even greater success. We are currently looking to hire a Senior Process Engineer to augment our team with their knowledge and abilities.
We offer competitive salary rates based on qualifications and experience.
Our compensation and benefits that we offer are competitive and include the following:
- Medical (PPO, HDHP)
- Dental (two comprehensive plans to choose from)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- Wellness Center free of charge
- Life insurance
- Vacation (awarded based on industry related experience)
- 12 paid holidays
- Scholarships for dependents
**Check out all the benefits we offer at www.appvion.com.**
- Work safely and foster a Safety Culture by working with shop floor personnel to identify and address safety concerns.
- Deliver departmental goals by managing technical aspects of the operations that impact quality, uptime, throughput and yield.
- Develop and implement new manufacturing processes and process modifications to improve efficiencies and to support new product developments.
- Understand customer needs and incorporate this knowledge in daily decision-making.
- Actively participate in safety improvement efforts including Glass Wall discussions, direct interactions with hourly employees, individual training and inspections.
- Directly support the manufacturing process on a daily basis to maximize throughput and yield while maintaining product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Support new product development by ensuring manufacturability of product designs, identifying and addressing technical challenges as a project team member.
- Support new equipment installation and startup.
- Interface with customers to resolve complaints and to understand their needs.
- Identify opportunities for product and process improvements.
- Provide input to optimize production schedules for overall best performance, balancing throughput with cost and customer service.
- Be able to coordinate/train production personnel on new products and procedures.
- Work directly with suppliers to resolve internal manufacturing needs.
Required Prior Accomplishments, Experience, Skills:
- BS in an engineering/science field.
- 3-5 years experience in related field desired but not required.
- Prior exposure to Six Sigma and Lean Principles are beneficial.
- Ability to apply engineering and scientific principles to resolve problems and make improvements.
- Capable of working in a flexible, often shifting, environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, management team and production personnel.
- Business knowledge of cost/benefits analysis, project management, setting and executing long-term strategic plans.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing environments, processes and procedures.
- Ability to facilitate and drive resolution of complex problems.
- Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.