Donor Registration Attendant
The Community Blood Center (CBC) collects blood from donors, processes it in our laboratory, and prepares it for hospital patients. We currently provide 18 Wisconsin and Michigan hospitals with a full range of blood components, including red blood cells, platelets, and plasma. CBC operates neighborhood donor centers in Appleton, Oshkosh, Little Chute, and Woodruff, along with 8 self-contained blood drive units: 5 bloodmobiles and 3 indoor blood drive units. Last year, volunteer donors gave more than 50,000 blood donations with the Community Blood Center.
The Community Blood Center is looking for a Donor Registration Attendant to greet and register volunteer blood donors as they present for blood donations. The Donor Registration Attendant will also provide nourishment and monitoring of the volunteer blood donors after they donate and present in the Café.
On the job training is provided. The ability to multi-task, provide great customer service and basic computer skills are required.
This is a 14 hour per week position that is weekends only.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Exhibit exceptional customer service at all times.
- Greets and registers donors, instructs donors to complete appropriate paperwork and answer donor questions.
- Greets guests/contractors and contacts appropriate blood center personnel.
- As needed, performs donor registration activities at alternate donor centers and mobile blood drives.
- As needed, performs café attendant duties.
- Monitors donors for any adverse post-donation reactions and summons assistance from the collection staff.
- Serves refreshments to donors. Replenishes the refreshments and cafe supplies.
- Maintains a clean, neat setting in the Cafe, including any housekeeping tasks.
- As directed, assists in training of new employees and volunteers.
- Encourages donors to schedule future donation appointments prior to their departing.
- Provides donors with information regarding the blood center, blood donation types and/or organization’s programs, and informs donors of their donation level.
- Assists with clerical, reception tasks and any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate well with others.
- Strong, flexible interpersonal, data entry/computer skills.
- Must be attentive to detail and possess good follow through skills.
- Must act in a professional manner.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds.
Submit your resume to join our team: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=combctr&jobId=166307&lang=en_US&source=CC18478
Community Blood Center, Inc.
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran