Project Engineer - New Product Introduction
Lead the NPI (New Product introduction) process for assigned products. Responsible for developing and managing the plan/schedule and overseeing the manufacturing process development, from customer order receipt though transition to full-rate production.
- Lead the concept, development and implementation of manufacturing processes for assigned products by establishing project timelines, identifying resource requirements, and evaluate performance through periodic reviews.
- Provide engineering technical support and oversight to process engineering, purchasing, production, quality, contract management, and suppliers
- Evaluate alternate manufacturing process options based on quality, efficiency, and speed
- Approve all documentation used in the production of assigned products, including routers, , work instructions, work aids, tooling drawings and test & measurement equipment.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs, reviewing production schedules, and estimating future requirements.
- Resolve issues and delays during initial prototype and production runs
- Provide technical input to bids and proposals team for RFQ (Request For Quote) responses.
- Coordinate with senior management and maintain knowledge on product status and prepare appropriate reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- BSEE, BSEET, or BSME
- Experience leading product NPIs
- 4-6 years experience in engineering functions in electronics manufacturing
- Experience in labor, cycle time and defect reduction
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with electronic circuit card manufacturing and assembly
- Experience leading successful NPI’s
- Prior experience with product transfer to/from/between contract manufacturers
- Demonstrated analytical expertise including ability to plan, prioritize, and resolve problems
- Proficient in technical writing, excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering , schematics and specifications
- Experience with an ISO-9000 AS-9000 environment
- Understanding of DMAIC, RCCA, DOE, 6-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing highly desired.
- Understand production needs and machine requirements
- Flexible with high energy, able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills